Dowco Consultants Ltd is one of the leading service companies in North America that specializes in 3D Modeling, Steel Detailing and other Pre-Construction services. Dowco Consultants uses highly-developed processes and global infrastructure, supported by experienced staff to meet project requirements and exceed client expectations. Dowco’s values are focused around customer service and employee development. Dowco likes to say, “Some say it can’t be done – we think differently!”
At Dowco, we recognize the importance of our employees. We offer generous wages and a comprehensive benefits package. All of our employees receive regular training and are provided opportunities to help further develop their skills. We also offer company initiatives such as community involvement, company lunches, sports teams and so much more. At Dowco, you’re more than just a number; you’re an integral part of our sustained success.
As the Construction/Project Manager you will play a key role in our organization in ensuring the quality of product, delivery schedule and budget is maintained. You will report directly to the Executive Vice President (EVP). You are responsible for supporting the EVP in the management of project teams, policies, procedures and customer compliance in a timely and profitable manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will look for opportunities to drive down material and labor costs as the program matures.
- Lead the development of process models, and framework around project planning.
- You will establish and implement necessary communication strategies for the improvement and awareness of product development issues.
- You must be able to turn customer requirements into project-based solutions.
- Ensure the customer perspective is the driving force behind decisions and activities.
- You will interact frequently with internal and external colleagues and senior-level representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, project scheduling and cost requirements.
- Represent the company in project/client meetings, when necessary, providing skilled technical project advice and recommendations.
- Manage budgets, track and report on project costs, scopes and schedules.
- Ensures all project activities progress according to pre-determined schedule.
- Responsible to write scopes of work and executing subcontract agreements.
- Document and communicate project status, performance, improvements and change orders through to completion of each project.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of operational plans to ensure project success, labor management, quality control, scheduling, etc.
Who We Are Looking For
- You must be skilled at managing projects, working with budgets, scheduling staff and managing large teams.
- You are a deadline driven individual capable of managing several project teams concurrently.
- You must be a self-starter who enjoys a great deal of latitude, while remaining accessible to colleagues and managers.
- You must be accountable and be able to hold others accountable to project schedules and costs.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- You have clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- You demonstrate initiative and are a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal level of supervision.
- You must have a good understanding of construction and trades, and the ability to work in a professional manner with subcontractors, management and colleagues.
- You are adept at using Microsoft Office.
- You are receptive to learn and apply new methods.
- Diploma or Certificate
- 10 years of experience as a Construction/Project Manager
- Project Management Certificate is an asset (PMP, CAPM)
- Experience with Tekla and Fabtrol is beneficial but not a requirement
- Structural Steel experience is an asset but not a requirement
Apply Online Now